Making holiday cards for Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa is quick, easy and inexpensive using Microsoft Word 2010. Start with a Word greeting card template and insert your own photos and text to personalize the cards.
1. Open Word 2010. Select the File tab and then click on New.
2. Click on the Cards icon.
3. Click on the Holiday Cards file icon to open it.
4. Scroll through the available Word holiday card templates. When you find a template you want to use, click on the card image to select it and then click on Download.
5. A dialog box will open while the template downloads. Once the template is downloaded, Word will automatically open the card.
6. If the card is a quarter-fold card, all of the images and text will appear on one side. Some images will appear upside down but they will be right-side up once the card is properly folded.
7. If you want to insert a photo into your card, click on the Insert tab and then select Picture or Clip Art.
8. Locate the photo you want to use in your computer’s file system or on your removable flash drive. Select the photo by clicking to highlight it and then click on Insert.
9. To change text or personalize a message, click and drag to highlight the area you want to change.
10. When you have made all of the changes you want to the text and pictures, click Save As. Type a name for the card you have created, select where the card will be saved (Desktop, Documents), and click on the Save button. Print a copy to make sure that the card is exactly the way you want it by clicking on File and then Print.
Happy holidays from the Technology Training Department!