Looking for a job? Heights Libraries is here to help! This month, we are offering a variety of classes focusing on Job Search Essentials.
Job Search Essentials: Resume Workshop: Transform your resume into a powerful tool that will get you interviews! This workshop will help you create or update a powerful and polished resume and cover letter using Microsoft Word. If you have an existing resume or cover letter, please bring it to class.
- Thursday, 2/8, 2 p.m. at Coventry
- Saturday, 2/10, 11 a.m. at Lee
- Monday, 2/12, 2 p.m. at University Heights
- Thursday, 2/15, 2 p.m. at Noble
Job Search Essentials: Searching for Jobs Online: More and more companies require job applications to be submitted online. Learn the basics of finding and applying for jobs online.
- Saturday, 2/17, 10 a.m. at Lee
- Thursday, 2/22, 2 p.m. at Coventry
- Thursday, 3/1, 2 p.m. at Noble
Job Search Essentials: LinkedIn: Learn about the social and business networking website LinkedIn. This class covers how to get established as a member, as well as hints and tips for using the site for career development. Must have an active email account to register on LinkedIn.
- Saturday, 2/24, 11 a.m. at Lee
Need a resume template? Every computer in our four branches has a Resume Toolkit folder on the desktop!
To use these resources:
- Visit one of our four branches.
- Log on to one of the public computers.
Don’t have a library card? Ask a staff member for a guest pass.
- Double-click on the Resume Toolkit folder.
- Double-click on the file you want to open, like 01 Resume Template.
- Add your own information, such as your name, address, and job history.
- Save and print out your brand new resume!
Feel free to ask a staff member for assistance with the Resume Toolkit.
Can’t make it to one of our classes? Want another pair of eyes on your resume and cover letter? Reserve a tech expert! Call us at 216-932-3600 ext. 1297 or complete our online form to reserve 30-minutes with one of our Tech Trainers.
Want to practice filling out an online job application? Click here!