We’re sorry, but Freegal is no longer available on our site.
Freegal is a free online music service from the library. It offers access to over 8 million songs, including Sony’s Music Catalog in addition to offering music videos! All music you download through Freegal is 100% legal and can be kept forever, and even transferred onto devices. Freegal now offers 5 free MP3 downloads per week (the counter resets on Monday).
To get started using Freegal all you need is a Heights Library card.
To access Freegal:
- Go to the Heights Library webpage at http://heightslibrary.org.
- Click the E-Media button in the menu that runs across the top of the page.
- Click Freegal – Free Music à Freegal à Login.
- Type your Heights Library card number into the Card Number box.
- Click Login
Freegal offers several ways to find music: browsing and searching. Browse the categories such as: Home (which features top albums and top singles), Most Popular, New Releases, and Genres. Use the search bar to search for a specific: artist, albums, composers, and songs.
- Click in the search bar and type name of the artist, album, composer or song.
- Click on “Search All” and select the appropriate search.
- Click on the magnifying glass OR hit the Enter key
Preview Sound Clips
Make sure to listen to the sound clips before choosing to download a song. Once you click download it counts as one of your 5 weekly downloads.
To download music from Freegal:
You can access all of the songs you have downloaded in the past two weeks on the Home page of Freegal → My Downloads→ Downloads. Re-downloading a song that you have previously downloaded does not count against your weekly allowance.
To learn more— check out our Freegal classes. Class registration begins two weeks before the class date and is required for all computer classes. To register call 216-932-3600 or visit us online at http://events.heightslibrary.org/computer-classes/.